Attention

Some of lyrics may harbor NSFW or explicit contents. They are marked with [R] to point out that you are about to view one of such texts.

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Jou no ka / Kiryu

Kanji & Romaji: hiphopvomit
Translation: myself

Lyrics & music: Sakai Mitsuki




情ノ華 [Jou no ka]
Flower of emotions



That hand [of yours] which waits, playing the song of its first experience
What can be wished for     Or maybe nothing can be wished for
Chasing the shadow of an unknown person     A kid lost in many colors
Trying hard to continue the "love"     The void burnt to black
Like looking through the heart swaying to the evening calm
These petals that touched my fingertip, now they left pressure on the back
Flying high like this, what are you seeing now
The path of life     Indeed, the voice resounded along with it
Ah     Screaming it all out
The heart is still beating     It must not die
The rustling heartbeat has disappeared into the sound of rain
If I cleaned my ears I'd walk alone     Leaving someone behind
Hitched words of petals in between of dream and reality
Being in full bloom like this, what are you asking for now
If we both licked this wound out, we would be happy though     Revolving "flower of emotions"
Ah     Even though it hurts, every time the life burns out
The heart is still beating     It must not die
Even though that body [of yours] rots away, withering, scattering and disappearing      The lingering scent is still floating on the dew
Being in full bloom like this, what are you fluttering about now
Being in full bloom like this, what are you thinking of now
Being in full bloom like this, what are you asking for now
So is the life pale, the sun can show through it       Revolving "flower of emotions"
Ah      Raise your voice as you're choking with tears
The heart is still beating     It must not die

Discussion:

Most likely a song about love. This time I'm going to let you interpret it by yourselves as I didn't spot any fancy motifs in the lyrics. orz
One thing I can tell is that this is a happy version of Oborozukiyo which I'm yet to translate.

5 comments:

  1. I like to think that these two songs are Kiryu's thought on Genji Monogatari.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know that Oborozukiyo is Kiryu's darker version of The Tale of Genji's chapter of the same name where Murasaki introduced the titular character "Oborozukiyo". Although I just skimmed through the novel so I might be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw name Oborozukiyo in text I thought about song. But after reding parts about this lady I didn't find anything common with lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://intersections.anu.edu.au/issue7/tyler.html

    This could help you understand stuff about the novel. This talks about the novel's theme of gender roles and relations. Not sure if this is significant in the song but you might find something.

    ReplyDelete