Attention

Some of lyrics may harbor NSFW or explicit contents. They are marked with [R] to point out that you are about to view one of such texts.

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Watashi ha kairai, sarugutsuwa no ningyou / Kiryu

Kanji: rocklyric, hiphopvomit
Romaji: hiphopvomit
Translation: myself

Music & lyrics: Sakai Mitsuki





私ハ傀儡、猿轡ノ人形 [Watashi ha kairai, sarugutsuwa no ningyou]
I am a puppet, a gagged doll



Scratching the scabs off     Thoroughly     Unworn
Tracing with a finger
To make sure of the "I"
Virtuous blade forcibly stuffed into oneself chops one's veins up
Coming off     Crumbling down
A vague distortion has been left
Will I be able to see through the other side, from that point through this side
Leftover scum in between of meat and fringernails
It was once a beautiful joke I deeply yearned for
Now as well...
It's washing away     Breaking down
Certain, unknown substance has been left
Drinking up even the vomit     Biting the hand crawling out of my troat
"I am a puppet, a gagged doll"
Rusty voice drowned in saliva violates and eats me up
Overflowing when asking     Yet another "hole" appears
Having no reflection     One silent puppet bound to black handcuffs
If I tried to touch... Slithering... Slithering...


Discussion:

What is this song all about? Hmm, I wonder. Though! I have a theory.

Suicide, that is.

When one commits a suicide, they generally believe to get to a better place after death. But there's a catch when you are a Japanese.

I once talked about dying and funerals in Japan under my Rengoku translation. I mentioned there that Buddhist Japan performs cremation rite in order to purify the soul of a deceased. so it can transmigrate and start a new life. Essentially, if you kill yourself at an unknown place, your soul cannot go through the cycle of death and rebirth, because the cadaver couldn't be cremated. Therefore, the subject of the song was ultimately unable to reach their deeply yearned better place and they ended up left to decay at their place of death.

The translation, as shown, can seem a bit messy. I did my best with those lyrics written in such a weird manner though. And my interpretation might be a bit far-fetched, although the MV for the song gave me a glimpse of its meaning.

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you're back. Thanks for new translations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhhh.... I know they made similar songs in the past, but they all pale to Waruningyou... 😨😨

    ReplyDelete